Friday, November 20, 2009

Smiles

#1

I love when Madeline smiles at me in the middle of the night!

At 3am the last thing you want to do is smile b/c you are so tired and you just want your little one to back to sleep!!! Well, Madeline has a way of making it all better by smiling up at me. I, of course, have to smile back even though I want to be grumpy and tired. I could sit there the rest of the night and smile back at her but then realize that would do neither of us any good so I tell her that it is not play time...it is sleepy time! She acts as though she understands, b/c she goes back to eating and closes her eyes.

She started smiling for real the Friday before Labor Day. She and I were sitting on the sofa and I was talking to her and singing and she smiled like she was happy. I didn't know if it was for real or not, but then later that day she did it again when I was talking to her. That weekend Jeremy realized that she was doing it too. We have enjoyed her smiles every day since then!

This was on the way to her Uncle Ralph's wedding, in Orlando...the first time we got her smiling on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment